Reagan Academy Science Fair Information For Kindergarten through 4th Grade
The Reagan Academy Science fair is open to participation for students of all grade levels. If you are interested in participating please review the following information.
• November 7 – Entry forms due. Please turn them into Mrs. Richardson at the front desk.
• November 20 – Science Fair, Projects will need to be put up in the morning before school. Parents are welcome to come see all the projects from 6 to 7:30pm.
• November 20 – Awards Assembly will be held at 7:30pm.
• An entry form is required for each student;
• If students are working with a partner or in a group they should list the names of their group members on the entry form.
• A research plan should be completed and a copy submitted with the entry form.
• Reagan Academy follows the experimental rules established by ISEF and CUSEF.
• Experiments involving human subjects, non-human vertebrate animals, controlled substances, hazardous substances or devices, and potentially hazardous biological agents require approval. See the attached Experimental Rules page for more information.
Display for the Fair:
• The ISEF/CUSEF rules have several limitations on what can be displayed please read the rules page for more information.
• It is not necessary for the actual experiment or project to be on display at the science fair. The display should demonstrate the scientific thought and processes that were followed and show what the student learned.
• The maximum display size is 30 inches deep by 48” wide by 108” tall. It will need to stand on a table, so tri-fold displays or a poster on an easel are good choices.
• Be sure to keep and include a project notebook in your display.
This will be wonderful night where parents, students, teachers and the community can enjoy activities together while raising funds that will directly benefit the students of Reagan Academy. The money that we raise will go to support activities such as Red Ribbon Week, White Ribbon Week, the Science Fair, the birthday table, staff appreciation, and other PVO supported activities. Feel free to invite your friends and neighbors, and “share” this great activity. The following pricing information will help you plan for a great family night out. Games and rides can either be purchased individually with tickets, or by buying the appropriate wristband. Food can be purchased with tickets or cash.
Judging will be held from 8:30-12:30. Parents and other family members are welcome to visit the fair between 12:00-1:00 p.m. We highly recommend that you visit the fair to give students the chance to feel proud of showing their work. Come see what interests the scientists of tomorrow!
In order to make the Science Fair a success, we need MANY VOLUNTEERS to help judge the Science Fair projects next Friday, February 28th! No science background is required. Instructions will be provided to help you judge the projects. The first shift is 8:30-10:30 & the second shift is 10:30-12:30. Please contact Mr. Ellinger at the school or Maria Hawk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-400-7641 ASAP to let them know that you can help.
Have you ever taken a high school science course? If so, you are qualified to judge at the Reagan Academy Science Fair. We are in need of volunteers to judge during the Science Fair on Friday, February 28th. If you would like to help, contact chairperson, Maria Hawk at email@example.com
We are in need of judges for the Science Fair (40 volunteers to be more precise) on February 28th. Before you start doubting your ability to judge a science fair, be aware that in no way, shape, or form do you need to be a science major! This is a great way to earn volunteer hours and help our students who work so hard at putting together their project. If you are interested, or just want a little more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the early out time on Friday, the Science Fair will be open to visitors between 12:30 and 1:00.
Parents and other family members are welcome to visit the fair between 12:30 and 1:00. We highly recommend that you visit the fair to give students the chance to feel proud of showing their work. Come see what interests the scientists of tomorrow!
Judging will be held from 8:30-12:30. Parents and other family members are welcome to visit the fair between 1:00-2:00. We highly recommend that you visit the fair to give students the chance to feel proud of showing their work. Come see what interests the scientists of tomorrow!
Science Fair: Friday, November 2nd (this Friday)
Donuts with the Directors and PVO Meeting: Wednesday, November 7th
Inspirations Showcase: Friday, November 9th 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Art and Basket Auction: Friday, November 9th
The Science Fair is coming up next Friday, November 2nd. We still need
several volunteers to help judge all the projects. No science background is
required, and instructions will be provided. There are 2 shifts: 8:30 to 10:30 and 10:30 to 12:30. If you are able help contact Maria Hawk ASAP at email@example.com or 801-400-7641.